How To Create Grouped Products in Magento 2
According to Magento docs,
A grouped product is a collection of related simple products with the same theme or colour.
There are six product types in Magento 2:
Among them, A grouped product presents multiple, standalone products as a group. You can offer variations of a single product, or group them for a promotion. Each product in a grouped product can be purchased separately or as a group.
This flexible product type allows you to offer variations of a single product, or group products to create a coordinated set such as by season, by colour, or by another theme.
An example of Magento 2 Grouped product is a furniture set or camera set. Suppose we have a product named Digital Camera, then we can offer relevant grouped products like memory card, camera kit, and tripod. In short, we can present our other products with the main product and It’s the best way to advertising our related themed products.
Comply the below steps to create a grouped product in magento2!
Steps to create grouped products in Magento 2:
- Login to admin panel
- Navigate to Catalog > Products
- Under the Add Product menu, select the Grouped Product in the upper right corner.
Fill the below details after enabling the product:
- Attribute Set – Select the attribute set as default or create an attribute set.
- Product Name – Enter the product name
- SKU – Enter the SKU of the product. However, Magento takes the product name as the default SKU
- Stock Status – Set the stock status accordingly. Here, the default value is In Stock.
- Categories – Assign categories to the product using Select box and choose the existing category or create a new one.
- Set Product As New From – Set the dates to feature the product as new.
- Country of Manufacture – Select the country name from the drop-down.
- Description – Enter the main product description for displaying on the product page
- Short Description – Enter the short description, mainly for the RSS feed or product page, catalog page, etc.
- Now the main part of a grouped product is Add products in Group option from which one can add relevant themed product by clicking on that button.
One sidebar displays by clicking on that button, now tick on the product which you want to add it in your grouped product.
And then click on Add Selected product button
Products are added to our grouped product and the appearance will look like below
Images and Videos
- Add images and videos to display on the product page using the popup or drag-drop functionality.
- Click on the image to fill up the details like Alt Text and Role:
- Alt Text – Enter the content to describe the image or to display in the case when the image is not loaded.
- Base – Main image for the product page
- Small – Image for listings on category and search results pages, and for sections such as for Up-sells, Cross-sells, and the New Products List.
- Thumbnail – Images for thumbnail gallery, shopping cart, blocks like related items
- Swatch – Used to illustrate the colour, pattern, or texture
- Search Engine Optimization
- URL Key – Enter the URL key for the online address of the product
- Meta Title – Enter the title for the display in search results. The default meta title is based on the product name.
- Meta Keywords -Add relevant keywords for more visibility in search results.
- Meta Description – Enter the description of the product for display in the search results
Related Products, Up-Sells, and Cross-SellsUsed to promote other products in the store
- Related Products – Add products that are supposed to be purchased in addition to the item the customer is viewing.
- Up-Sells Products – Add products that are similar to the product that you are creating but probably higher quality
- Cross-Sells Products – Add products that are offered on the shopping cart page as last-minute purchases before the checkout process begins.
- Products in Websites
Select the option where the product is available as per the store hierarchy. By default, for a single website installation, the website checkbox is marked.
- Layout – Choose a layout from the dropdown
- Display Product Options In – Select where the product options appear on the product page from the drop-down menu
- Layout Update XML – Enter XML code in case of customizing the theme.
That was all about grouped product type in Magento 2.
Once you follow these steps, you can see the Magento 2 grouped product in the frontend as below:
If you need to create a custom product type, visit here.
Hope you have now become familiar with Grouped Product in Magento 2.
Doubts for the same are welcomed in the comments section.I’d be happy to help 🙂
Do share the tutorial with beginners in Magento 2 via social media.